The purpose of this policy is to explain how Call27 Telecommunications Ltd, also known as Call27 collects, protects and uses personal data. Call27 is committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by its customers or is otherwise generated by its business activities is collected and processed fairly and lawfully. We pride ourselves on adhering strictly to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 2018. In order to comply with the act, Call27 is registered on the public register of data controllers which is looked after by the Information Commissioner.
2. Why we need customer information?
2.1 The main uses of your data are:
- 2.1.1 To enable Call27 to provide services to customers
- 2.1.2 To provide service information and updates
2.2 What Information do we collect?
This is what we collect about you to help us provide you with our services:
- 2.2.1 Company name, company size and sector, individual contact names and job titles for delivery, installation, support and billing
- 2.2.2 Postal address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses
- 2.2.3 Information collected using cookies about your use of our online services and third-party online services;
- 2.2.4 Information about your use of Call27 services, including call, usage and billing;
Call27 may also collect financial information about customers and end users from third parties to enable Call27 to assess its risks in granting credit terms and contact information about organisations Call27 considers may be interested in Call27 products and services.
3. Use of your information
Below are possible reasons why we may collect information about you:
- 3.1 For employees of Call27 to deal with any accounts, products and services provided to its customers and its end users, including, but not limited to order processing, delivery, installation and support services
- 3.2 To enable invoicing and in order to answer support enquiries.
- 3.3 To search the files of a credit reference agency, which may keep a record of that search when you apply for service. Additionally, details of how you conduct your account may also be disclosed to the agency. This information may be used by other organisations in assessing applications from you and members of your household.
- 3.4 We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required to disclose that information to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
4. Providing and Improving the Call27 Service
Most of Call27’s use of personal data is necessary to enable it to provide a service, In addition, Call27 may also use personal data to improve on the level and type of service Call27 offers to its customers. As part of this interest in improving the service provided Call27 may process personal data for the purposes of sales analysis and customer usage statistics.
5. How Does Call27 Obtain Personal Data?
Call27 obtains personal data in a number of ways including from orders placed by customers and end users (whether by telephone, email or by application form); from enquiries made by existing customers and potential customers, (including information gathered at marketing events and via the Call27 website); from third party list brokers; from resellers who pass on personal data to Call27 about end users; and directly from the Network utilised by Call27 services.
6. Protecting your information
Any information sent to us will be protected using robust security methods. We ensure data is safeguarded whilst being sent over unprotected communications paths such as the internet. When it reaches us, we store it securely and only provide access to it by those authorised. Although we safeguard all personal/private information once received, Call27 cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmitted using online methods.
We will always ask you to identify yourself using information associated with your Call27 account in order to validate your identity before disclosing any information, we may do this through the use of a password. In accordance with our Terms and Conditions, you are responsible for keeping any passwords secure and it is recommended you do not disclose them to anyone (unless you wish to authorise them to access your account and potentially incur charges on your account).
We have implemented appropriate internal security procedures that restrict access to personal data within Call27. These procedures will be reviewed periodically to determine whether they are being complied with and are effective.
Call27 will also actively investigate and cooperate with law enforcement agencies any allegations of abuse or violation of system or network security as set out in the applicable Call27 Acceptable Use Policy.
7. Marketing our products and services
We will automatically contact you about your services, for example, with updates to your services, service disruption messages or bill payments.
If you have given us the consent referred to above, then periodically, we may contact you by mail, telephone or email.
8. Contact Details
If any individual wishes to contact Call27 regarding the personal data held about them or have any other question about our data privacy procedures, they should direct an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0191 5802727 or send a letter to:
Data Protection Officer
Call27 Telecommunications Ltd
18 Riverside Studios
Newcastle Business Park
Newcastle Upon Tyne
9. Policy Updates
As part of Call27’s commitment to compliance with data privacy requirements, and to reflect changes in Call27’s operating procedures, Call27 may update the terms of this policy periodically and will post the revised policy at https://www.call27.net/privacy-policy/